Affordable Acid Neutralizer Systems for Your Home
Protect your home and health from the harmful effects of acidic water with an acid-neutralizer system. With a pH level of less than 7.0, acidic water can corrode pipes and fixtures and cause discoloration and a bitter taste in your drinking water. It also leaches metals like lead, copper, and iron, which can be hazardous to your health and aggravate skin conditions. Avoid further damage and keep your water flowing correctly by installing an acid neutralizer system to filter and remove excess acidity, ensuring your home and family are safe and healthy.
Our Acid Neutralizer Services
Discover the perfect acid-neutralizer for your home and budget at Heiland Home Services. Our team of experts provides installations, inspections, repairs, and maintenance services to ensure your appliances last longer and your family does not get sick. We offer a range of options, from simple filters to advanced water treatment systems, that cater to your specific needs. So you can trust us to keep your home’s water supply clean and safe.
How Acid Neutralizers Work
Acid neutralizers use a media tank with either calcium carbonate or magnesium oxide to neutralize acidic water. When water flows through the media tank, the hydrogen ions that cause water to be acidic are replaced with minerals with a higher pH level. The neutralized water is then distributed through a distributor tube and controlled by a control valve. The backwashing cycle removes any buildup, ensuring consistent water quality. An up-flow acid neutralizer is most effective as it prevents water from flowing backward, and by using the bypass valve, water usage is minimized. In addition, these systems are highly effective in removing excess carbon dioxide and iron from water, improving water quality and pressure.
Signs You Need an Acid Neutralizer
If you’ve noticed any changes in your water’s pH level, an acid neutralizer might be necessary to protect your plumbing system and provide safe drinking water. Here are some signs that you may need an acid neutralizer:
- Low pH level: Water’s pH is measured on a scale of 0 to 14, with seven being neutral. If your water’s pH is below 7, it’s considered acidic, which can cause corrosion and damage to your plumbing system.
- Blue-green stains: Acidic water can cause blue-green stains on your sink, bathtub, and toilet. Dissolved copper or brass fixtures typically cause these stains.
- Metallic taste: Drinking water with a low pH can leave a metallic taste in your mouth. This taste is caused by dissolved metals such as copper, iron, and manganese.
- Corrosion on pipes: Acidic water can corrode copper, brass, and galvanized steel pipes. This corrosion can lead to pinhole leaks and cause extensive damage to your plumbing system.
- Reduced water flow: As pipes corrode, they can become blocked or clogged with rust and other debris. Reduced water flow and pressure may occur as a result of this.
- High levels of calcium carbonate: If your water has a high level of calcium carbonate, it can neutralize acidic water and help prevent damage to your plumbing system. An acid neutralizer can help balance the pH level of your water and reduce the amount of calcium buildup.
By identifying these signs and taking prompt action, you can protect your plumbing system from damage and ensure your drinking water is safe and free from harmful contaminants. Contact Heiland Home Services today for expert advice and quality installation of an acid neutralizer.
Don’t compromise your family’s health and safety. Get top-notch water treatment services from Heiland Home Services today. Our technicians are highly skilled, have extensive experience, and are equipped with the necessary tools to provide reliable service every time. We’re specialists in installing and fixing various water treatment systems, like acid neutralizers, to keep your water pure and healthy. We take pride in delivering the best service and products, guaranteed to satisfy you and your family. Call us for a free consultation today and protect what matters.
What are the benefits of acid neutralizers?
Acid neutralizers can help reduce corrosion and damage to plumbing systems, improve water quality, reduce the amount of calcium buildup, and protect against contaminants in water. They also enable more efficient operation of household appliances that use water.
How often should an acid neutralizer be serviced?
Acid neutralizers must be serviced every one or two years to maintain their optimal performance. We can provide professional technician service at Heiland Home Services to test the acidic water levels and flow rate.
What are the types of acid neutralizers?
There are two main types of acid neutralizers: chemical and mechanical. Chemical neutralizers use sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide to adjust the water’s pH, while automated systems rely on a bypass valve to minimize water usage. Both systems are effective in removing excess carbon dioxide and iron from water.
Are acid neutralizers safe?
Yes, acid neutralizers are safe and highly effective at reducing the amount of acidic water in your plumbing system.