Reverse Osmosis Systems from Heiland Home Services
Reverse osmosis systems are highly effective water filtration systems that can significantly benefit your home. Installed as part of water treatment services, they use a semi-permeable membrane that catches harmful contaminants and removes them from your drinking water.
Reverse osmosis uses pressure to force the tap water through a reverse osmosis membrane. This membrane filters out many impurities, such as heavy metals and other contaminants, leaving only purified water stored in tanks for drinking, cooking, or washing clothes.
The flow rate of reverse osmosis systems varies depending on the water supply and the household’s needs. Still, it is generally considered a highly effective way to carry contaminants out of tap water. Contact Heiland Home Services to install a reverse osmosis system to ensure your drinking water is of the highest quality.
Components of a Reverse Osmosis System
Reverse osmosis systems comprise several pieces of water treatment equipment that work together to produce clean, safe drinking water. Below is a detailed list of each component of a typical reverse osmosis filtration system:
- Pre-Filter – the water from your primary water source first passes through one or more pre-filters that remove sediment, rust, and other large particles that could damage the reverse osmosis membrane. These filters often use activated carbon to remove chlorine and other chemicals that could affect the taste and odor of your water.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane – the heart of the reverse osmosis system is the semi-permeable membrane that removes impurities and contaminants from the water. This membrane allows water molecules to pass through while trapping dissolved solids, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants.
- Post-Filter – after the water has passed through the RO membrane, it is held in storage tanks before dispensing. The post-filter is the final stage of the reverse osmosis system that removes any remaining impurities that may have passed through the membrane.
- Storage Tanks – these tanks hold the purified, potable water until it is ready. A typical reverse osmosis system tank can have between 3 to 5 gallons of reverse osmosis water.
- Faucet – the reverse osmosis system faucet is installed on your kitchen sink and is the only source of dispensed purified water. These faucets are typically stainless steel and come in various styles and finishes to match your kitchen decor.
- Drain Line – the reverse osmosis system produces significant wastewater as it purifies the water. The drain line is used to dispose of this wastewater, carrying it away from your home.
Out of all of the water treatment solutions, reverse osmosis is a highly effective option for water filtration systems. With its multi-stage filtration process, you can trust that your water is free from contaminants and impurities that can harm your health. In addition, the reverse osmosis system is easy to install, affordable, and can provide you and your family with an endless supply of fresh, clean water from your kitchen sink.
Our Reverse Osmosis Systems and Other Water Treatment Services
If you want to install a reverse osmosis system to provide filtered water to your home, Heiland Home Services has you covered. Our technicians have the water treatment equipment to cover everything from installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement services. Reverse osmosis systems are complex water filters, so you want to ensure they are installed correctly and serviced regularly. Professional reverse osmosis water treatment services save you time, money, and hassle!
Heiland Home Services also offers water treatment services, such as whole-house sediment filters, water softeners, acid neutralizers, carbon filters, and ultraviolet water purifiers. We also provide maintenance, repair, and replacement services for all plumbing systems.
Contact us today to learn more about our reverse osmosis systems from top-rated brands. You can trust that with Heiland Home Services, you are getting the highest quality water treatment services available. Let us help you ensure your drinking water is always safe and clean!
Can reverse osmosis water filters help improve water pressure?
Yes, reverse osmosis systems can help improve water pressure. The system is designed to remove contaminants from the water while allowing more clean water to pass through, thus increasing the overall water pressure in the home.
How often should I change my reverse osmosis filters and membranes?
The filters and membranes in your reverse osmosis system should be changed every 6-12 months to ensure the best water quality. However, this can depend on a few factors, such as the amount of usage and your water’s hardness. Therefore, it’s always best to consult a professional technician when making any changes or repairs to your system.